There’s two new Harry Potter games coming out in 2018 and they look very promising.
First one is Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery, which looks to be an RPG within Hogwarts School. The other one is made by Niantic (who made the hugely successful Pokémon GO) and will probably an exploration type game like Pokémon GO.
Here’s some good comparison points for both games:
Let’s list what we know from each game and let’s start with Wizards Unite for our Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery versus Wizards Unite battle:
- Will follow Pokémon GO technology with augmented reality and is made by Niantic which made Pokémon GO
- Will release in the second half of 2018, so prepare yourselves for holiday season 2018
- Will probably be available for Android and iOS devices like Pokémon GO
- Portkey Games also involved with this title through Warner Bros.
- Will be able to “cast spells, battle creatures and discover artifacts”
- Niantic promised that they will “pioneer all new technology and gameplay mechanics”
- Possibly takes place all around the Earth and not just in Hogwarts
And now for Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery:
- Is an RPG game, possibly single player
- Takes place inside Hogwarts (and the surrounding areas)
- You can create and personalize your character
- Emphasis on your story within Hogwarts since this game predates Harry Potter’s story
- Interact with the professors from the Potter universe
- Graduate from Hogwarts (there are several years to graduate from)
Can’t wait to try them out, big Harry Potter fan here.